The QKids Teach English Online Opportunity
Are you looking for an opportunity with great support and a flexible schedule?
Would you like to be a part of the global education platform that positively
impacts cross-cultural communication?
As an Online English Teacher and Independent Contractor with Qkids,
you will be fully immersed in the virtual teaching experience with Chinese
students on our live platform. Your teaching schedule is based on your weekly
availability and we provide positive assistance, preset curricula, and a personal
training team - no lesson planning necessary!
This opportunity is for the educators, the time
managers, and the entrepreneurial cake makers. If you are self-motivated
and passionate about helping young learners master English, then
this job is right for you! Apply today and let’s shape the future of e-learning together!
Qkids is an interactive online teaching platform that connects English teachers to
young language learners in real time with fun, user-friendly software. Founded in 2015,
we are now a national leader in cross-cultural E-learning with over 100,000 Chinese
elementary and secondary students. Connected on our patented and effective game-based
learning platform, English teachers from the United States and Canada guide students
through a curriculum of fun, dynamic, and engaging narrative
gaming adventures from the comfort of their own homes.
We are ready to build lasting growth for both learners and teachers,
and we pride ourselves on providing the authentic North American classroom
experience for our students in China.
Why Teach with QKids?
- Teach English to young learners between 5-12 years of age through our online platform
- Teachers will be teaching classrooms with up to 4 students
- Our Class Coordination Team will handle scheduling and student assignment
- Each in-lesson time is 30 minutes
- Up to 19 hours available weekly
- Training and support provided
- Curriculum is preset, no lesson planning required
Requirements & Qualifications
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Earned a Bachelor's degree or have TEFL Certification
- Digital literacy and the ability to lead an engaging learning atmosphere
- The minimum time commitment is 6 hours weekly
- Prior teaching experience or equivalent in education, tutoring, mentoring, homeschooling preferred
- English teaching certificates (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, ESL) preferred
- Technical requirements: a computer with stable internet connection and clear audio/video capacity
Other highly preferred experience:
- Online English Education / Part time Educator / Online English Teaching / Online ESL Instructor
- Home-Based Online English Teacher / Online English Tutor / Work at home English Tutoring
- Online ESL English Teacher Assistant / Online English Elementary Teacher/ Remote Teacher
- Summer Teacher / Casual Teacher / Assistant Teacher / Teaching Assistant/ Student Consultant
- Elementary School Teacher / High School Teacher/ Part time Teacher/ Stay at home Tutor
- Substitute Language Teacher / Teacher Assistant / Lead Teacher/ Work from home Educator
- Contract type: Independent Contractor
- Contract Term: Flexible
- Start date: Immediately
- Location: Remote, online
- Hours: 6-19 hours weekly
- Rate: $16-20 USD/hr (2 lessons)
Available class time slots
Where does the booked interview happen?
The interview happens on our portal at t.qkids.co After you book an interview, on the day of your interview, you can enter the classroom one hour before the interview to test your equipment before it starts. Make sure you test your equipment beforehand, as we are also evaluating your equipment to see if your internet connection is able to maintain a 30-min smooth connection with a server in China.
Why is the interview and demo so important?
The interview is very important as it, along with your qualifications, decides whether or not you will be accepted to work with QKIDS and it will determine your base service fee (payment).
What do I need to display in the demo lesson?
You will need to display how well you are able to explain activities to a foundation level student, how you are able to elicit complete answers from the student, your ESL teaching skills and your time management. Also, be prepared for the slides as it is very obvious if you never looked at them and could result in failing the application process in some cases.
There are no interview slots available. What should I do?
Interview time slots are shown for the next 3 days. If you are not available to interview in the times shown, you can 1) choose Method 2 and record an interview or, 2) come back to the portal 3 days before your desired date to book an interview.
How do I interview at QKIDS?
There are two methods to interview with us. You can:
- Book an interview: Pick a timeslot from the calendar shown on the interview page.
Join us for a 30-min session where you showcase your teaching skills to a QKids recruiter.
- Record an interview: Record your demo lesson at your own time so that a QKids recruiter can evaluate you. Instructions on how to record your interview can be found on the interview page.
What will I be evaluated on?
Please take a look at our Applicant Performance Indicators, which highlight all areas that our candidates will be evaluated on when they interview at QKIDS.
What are must-dos to be successful at the QKIDS interview?
-Practice the demo lesson PPTs.
- -Take a look at our Applicant Performance Indicators so you know what we are looking for in candidates.
- -Teach from a place with good background and lighting.
- -Good Internet connection.
The base rate for our teachers is $16 USD per hour, equivalent to 2 lessons. There are attendance and performance bonuses, $1USD each, calculated weekly. With full bonuses the pay is $20 USD per hour.